As more and more parents use our website at home, I wanted to show you a few ways that you can mirror the site to your TV. Here are a variety of options depending on your type of device. Directions are provided for Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku TV, Firestick, and a HDMI cable.
You will need an Apple device and Apple TV for this option. For each method below, you do need to have your device and Apple TV on the same wifi.
On a Mac:
1. On your Mac, click in the menu bar at the top of your screen. If you don’t see , go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays, then select “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.”
2. Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
3. If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your Mac.
With an iPhone or iPad:
● On iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
● On iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
1. Tap Screen Mirroring.
2. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list.
3. If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your iOS device.
Your TV uses your iOS device’s screen orientation and aspect ratio. To fill your TV screen with the mirrored iOS device screen, change your TV’s aspect ratio or zoom settings.
To stop mirroring your iOS device, open your control center again, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring or Airplay off. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
For each method below, you do need to have your device and Chromecast on the same wifi network. Make sure that your Chromecast is plugged into your USB port on your TV.
Using the Chrome browser on a computer:
1. On your computer, open the Chrome browser.
2 At the top right, click More Cast.
3. Choose your Chromecast device where you want to watch the content. (If you’re already using the Chromecast, your content will replace what’s on your TV.)
4. To stop casting, look to the right of the address bar, click Cast Stop.
From an Android device:
1. Download and open the Google Home app.
2. Tap the Menu button in the top-left corner, then tap Cast screen/audio at the top of the menu.
3. Select your Chromecast from the list to begin mirroring.
4. Turn your device landscape, so you can see the full screen.
5. To stop casting, tap Disconnect in this menu, or open your notification shade and Disconnect under the Casting screen notification there.
Roku TV or Roku Streaming Stick
For each method below, you need to turn on your screen mirroring on your Roku TV. Also make sure both your TV and device on the same wifi network. Go to settings > screen mirroring and enable that option.
From an Android device:
1. It depends on the type of device, so below are a few ways to find these settings.
– Click Settings > Display > Cast Screen. Then tap Menu in the top right corner and check Enable Wireless Display.
– Click Settings > Connect and Share > Screen Mirroring.
From a Window computer:
1. Click Settings > PC and Devices > Devices, then Add Device.
2. When your Roku appears on the drop-down menu, tap on it to connect.
Roku Mirror app:
You can download this FREE app called Mirror for Roku. Follow the directions to connect the app to your TV. Simply pull up our website and play a video. You’ll want to turn the phone/device in landscape mode for best viewing.
Amazon Fire Stick
This method does require you to have an Amazon Fire Stick. First, make sure both your TV and device on the same wifi network.
From a PC:
1. Press and hold the HOME button on your Fire Stick remote.
2. Select Mirroring.
3. On your PC, open the notifications section by clicking on the text message icon at the bottom right of the screen (it could also be empty if you have no notifications). Click on Connect. You should see your Firestick listed if both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Click on the Firestick listed and it should connect. You should now see your PC screen mirrored on the TV that the Firestick is plugged into.
Using a browser on the Fire Stick:
1. Go to Apps > Categories > Utlility
2. Choose the Silk Browser, download the app, then open it.
3. Enter our website and login. Our videos do pop up on the page once clicked, so some device may cut off the video. Instead, before actually playing the video, click in the bottom corner to expand the video. Then click play.
HDMI Cable with a PC
This is the easiest method, but it does require your computer to be close to your TV.
1. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into your TV and the other end into your computer.
2. On your TV select, input or source on your remote. Choose HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 (whichever port you plugged the HDMI cable into). You should now see your computer screen and TV look the same.
Tickled Pink in Primary dba Fluency & Fitness® is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com