FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Fluency and Fitness® helps students review essential K-2 reading and math topics, while providing a movement break. Over 30,000 classrooms worldwide use Fluency and Fitness® for literacy and math blocks, brain breaks, inside recess, morning meetings, or just those few spare minutes in the day. Each Fluency and Fitness® video focuses on 1 skill and includes a variety of exercises for students to do every so often. Teachers love that they don’t have to lose instructional time to fit in a movement break. Students have so much fun, they don’t realize how much they’re learning.
Fluencyandfitness.com is the NEW and IMPROVED version of what over 30,000 teachers are already using in their classrooms. Click here to see an easy comparison of the old Fluency & Fitness on TPT vs the new website.
- Fluency and Fitness® has been turned into videos with 2 different timers (3 sec. and 6 sec.) to allow for teachers to use this as their students either learn or master skills. No more PowerPoint needed or teachers having to be by the computer to control the activity! You don’t have to worry about downloading anything, simply view it all online.
- The videos now include music and animated kids on the exercise slides. We’ve doubled the exercises to include 20 different moves and also added answers after the math facts and to other videos.
- Another bonus of fluencyandfitness.com is that teachers get access to ALL Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade content in 1 spot. Subscribers also get some exclusive content not found anywhere else. The older sets found in my store are not being updated or added to. This library of videos makes it easy to differentiate learning.
The videos on fluencyandfitness.com are geared toward Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade. There are some PreK and 3rd grade teachers using the site. Check out the question below to see if the content is right for you.
- A computer that runs a modern browser. Chrome or Safari are best.
- A broadband internet connection that does not block Fluency & Fitness domains or Vimeo.com. The videos are embedded on the website and you are never taken off the page, but you may want to make sure these sites are not blocked by your school. Check out the 2 FREE videos on the homepage to see if they’ll work for you.
- A big screen for all students to see (projector, whiteboard, etc,) You can also play the videos on individual devices; you can only use your login on 1 device at a time.
Research shows that students are considered fluent when students can recognize a skill (letter, word, math fact, etc) in 3 seconds or less. We suggest using the 6 second timed videos when you are teaching and reviewing new skills, and the 3 second version when you think your students have mastered that skill. Having 2 versions gives you over 900 videos to choose from!
We only accept purchase orders from schools for the 1 year subscription. Purchase orders can be made out to Fluency & Fitness and e-mailed to us. You can use your own form, or use our order form. Here is our w9 form, so your school can set us up as a new vendor. We’ll invoice the school, and set up your account manually. Purchase orders do need to be sent in each year in order to keep the subscription active.
Yes we do! Please contact us for more details. We do accept purchase orders, which would need renewed each year in order to keep the subscription active.
Many school e-mail addresses have strong filters and will send our e-mails to Spam/Junk or block them altogether. Fluency and Fitness® will send you emails with your login information, payment receipt, and any reminder notifications. You may also receive updates about new videos or features added to the site. Using a personal e-mail account will ensure you never miss a thing!
MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
Yes! Go to your account and click the subscriptions tab at the top. Then you’ll be able to see the option to upgrade. Your billing period will be reset to the day of your newly purchased subscription.
For example, if the subscription is monthly, and was originally purchased on the 1st the month, but upgraded to yearly on the 15th of the month, the next billing date would be the 15th (the following year) instead of the 1st.